Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ICU

Blake is doing really well this morning I rang at 3am and they said that his Blood presser has been stable since we left last night so that was good to hear
He had the ventilator take out at about 4.30 am and was doing great .
I started heading over at 6 this morning and they call as I was leaving Blake just woke upand was asking if we were going to come and visit him when i got there all he wanted from me was a drink of water :( and because he is on strike fluid restrictions I couldn't give him any and he got cranky and at 9.30am he was aloud to have an ice pole so that made him a little happy but he still wanted a drink of water if you say no to that he asks for Juice and he even asked for a cup of Tea he is allowed 10ml fluid hr not much at all.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a handsome little man. What a little battler. I would be cranky too, if I was thirsty and I wasn't allowed a drink. He looks so good, no swelling or anything.

    Love to you all
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news Jo. He is a real champion. Hope you are getting some well deserved rest. Thoughts and prayers going strong for a speedy and trouble free recovery.
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete